Ingrown hair is a common problem for men and women. Use this list to easily identify the causes and effects of ingrown hair.
- Skin suffering from lack of moisture
- Stiff beard hair
- Embedded oil in the hair follicles
- Build up of dead skin cells in the pores and on the surface of the skin can cause ingrown hairs - some are more prone to this than others due to genetics
- Coarse curly hair growing in a curved hair follicle
- Improper shaving technique with a blade such as too close a shave
- Hair removal methods such as shaving, waxing, tweezing, electrolysis, often irritate the hair follicle.