Choosing contact lenses
The types of contact lenses
1. Hard Contact Lens Contact Lenses Hard or
2. Contact Lens Soft Contact Lenses or Other
3. Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) Lens
Use of contact lenses may initially feel comfortable and require less time adjustment. Type of soft contact lenses only takes a few days to adjust, and RGP contact lenses require a period adaptation 2-4 weeks. In this time, soft contact lens and RGP is more often used for reasons of security and comfort factor.
RGP contact lenses are easily passed cornea so that oxygen can function properly. On RGP contact lenses, oxygen is not only available at the time of eye blinks, but also from the air that can be freely through the lens to reach the cornea. This has caused RGP contact lenses more comfortable in use for a long time.
RGP contact lenses provide better vision sharp, easily treated
and cleaned, the life is longer, able to edit refraction astigmatism aberration that is caused by surface irregularity kelengkungan cornea. However, RGP contact lenses did not senyaman soft contact lenses and need longer adaptation.
Soft contact lenses available for the use of long-term and daily usage. Both types of soft contact lens has an oxygen content ago (ability to be oxygen) that vary according to the material, water content, design and thick. Soft contact lenses more comfortable and more shorter for adaptation period. Less likely to quit when doing activities that excessive compared to RGP.
In the adjustment, the patient may be somewhat disturbed by the sense of the wedge lens is perceived as a foreign object by the eye. Feelings will disappear after adaptation period. The patient with dry eye will be more difficult to adapt when wearing contact lenses.
To determine the type of contact lens that best complete the examination and required consultation with a specialist eye doctor.
Contact lenses for Special Needs
In addition to function as a substitute for glasses, contact lenses can also be used in the following circumstances:
Keratoconus cornea aberration is where the center of the cornea slender cone-shaped so that the cornea and not regularly. Use of contact lenses on the surface shape function keratoconus new, more organized, keep the keratoconus and edit existing refraction aberration.
Contact lenses sometimes used for drug application with the goal of accelerating the process of wound healing and also protect the wound on the cornea.
Colored contact lenses can be used to disguise the seam / scar on the network to change the cornea and iris color.
Use Safe contact lenses
Some of the things that need to be by contact lens users:
- Always wash hands before touching contact lenses.
- Wash and disinfecting the contact lenses every time after use.
- Place the contact lens is left to be washed and dried every day. Once a week, where contact lenses disinfecting with boiling water. Change the contact lenses regularly.
- Take a contact lens care instructions provided by your eye doctor
- Dispose of liquid that has been used immediately, should not be used for the second time.
- Do not use a saline solution made.
- Do not store in the contact lens that is not sterile liquids such as tap water or water distillation.
- Do not wear contact lenses that are damaged or old. Check your eyes regularly (at least once a year).
- Check with your doctor before your eyes is an eyedrops, because there eyedrops (including a sold-free) that can interact with contact lenses.
- Stop the use of contact lenses immediately if the red-eye or not comfortable when wearing contact lenses. If the problem persists, contact your eye doctor.